function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tymtym 

Session Ids

Would you be able to tell me what a session-id can be made up of.

ie. alphanumerical?

Thanks in advance,

Tym.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi tym,

The session id should be handled as a string.

tymtym

Thanks for the reply, but I am planning on doing some string parsing, and was wondering if it contains certain characters that I use as a delimiter (eg. ", ', ... etc). Also I am wondering what the ids for contacts, opportunities, etc are made up of?

Thanks again in advance,

Tym.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi tym,

The session id is a unique string of alphanumerics and is not "made up of" anything.  There is nothing to parse out of that id.  It is akin to a guid, but does not contain the "structure" xxxx-xxx-xxxxx or what ever.  The structure of a session id is a long string that can contain any character in any position.

The ids have a logic to them.  The only part that you would be concerned with is the leftmost 3 characters.  These indicate the type of object the id is assigned to.

tymtym

Thanks again Dave.

Basically what I am planning to doing is to create a CSV (comma delimited) kinda-of thing connecting about 5 IDs into one string so it can easily be stored, and can easily be parsed. My main concern is that the IDs can be-made-up-of the _"_ character? If it can be, is there a character which is not included in it?

Thanks again,

Tym.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi tym,

The object ids are letters and numbers only.

laurentblaurentb

We would like to store in a cookie the sessionID, the server and the userID. We have to choose a separator for those fields.

Is there a character that will never be in a sessionId ?

I was thinking of a '~' since I notice we can have '.' and '_'

onthebeachonthebeach
In my experience the IDs are stricly alphanumeric, [0-9a-zA-Z]. Not sure if there is any guarantee that they won't change though.
DevAngelDevAngel
Try a pipe symbol |.