function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cw.ax43cw.ax43 

multiple objects in a transaction

Currently through the 2.5 API we have no explicitly control over transaction scope â¬? Although the create, update, and delete calls do allow more than one object of the same type to be involved, each of the objects is handled in a separate transaction.  Will we have greater control over transaction scope in future versions of the API â¬? e.g., Will there at least be a new API call available that would take an array of objects of different types to be created and/or updated and/or deleted within a single transaction?

For example, if I want to update an Account which has a custom field for the outstanding balance and at the same time create a payment (where Payment is a custom object) as well as create several other custom objects relating to Accounts Receivable, will I be able to make all the necessary changes within a single transaction?  Not being able to perform multiple operations in a single transaction can result in inconsistent data â¬? Inconsistent data is something we really cannot afford to have, especially in an application like ours that deals with Accounting information.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi cw,

You can expect overtime for us to be adding more functionality to the API as it it matures.  I'm not sure where transactions lie in overall priority as we have lots of bears to hunt.