function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Venk_ModelMetriVenk_ModelMetri 

Customizing SalesForce Functionality within the www.salesforce.com site

Let me start off this question by giving an example.

We have a requirement to customize salesforce.com�s functionality (Within the salesforce pages.) In the opportunity page, the user has send an email option. When this page is called, we want the opportunity�s primary contact email automatically populated. Is there anyway to accomplish this?

On a more generic note, if customizations are required in any Salesforce page (within the salesforce.com domain), what is the best way to accomplish this? I know that we have ClientSide JavaScript available to us using Scontrols can be used to update /add records. But the Scontrols appear to us only after the submit button is clicked. (and not available in the main pages. For example if I need to write some JavaScript to manipulate the HTML fields in the new opportunity page, it is not possible to do using Scontrol as the Scontrols are available only after the submit button is clicked.)

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Venk,

There is no method by which you can do what you ask.  You can however, instruct the user to select the contact from the list of contacts below the opportunity detail and from there click Send An Email.  It's not the same, I understand that.

In the current implementation sforce controls are only embeddable in the special iframe page that is configured from the sforce control management page.  sforce controls may become more prolific in future releases, but I don't have specific details at this point.

Cheers