function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SanalSanal 

How to enable Web-Services API support for professional edition?

Hi,

I've published an application named QCommission in AppExchange. Currently, it does not support Professional Edition since it needs Web-Service API support to be enabled. How can I enable this?

I came across a concept that uses clientID for enabling this. I'm able to get "client" property in the "CallOptions" object. Which value I should specify here? How can I get that value?

Please help.

Thanks in advance.
Sanal.

Gareth DaviesGareth Davies

Hi Sanal,

What I've heard is that professional API is turned on for specific applications after they have been certified (certification costs $$), but I don't know the technical details of how it is achieved. If you find out let please let us know. The Excel connector works with professional edition perhaps you can examine the soap headers there?

Gareth.

adamgadamg
The short answer is that qualifying certified applications are given a token that lets them access PE orgs.  How do you know if your app qualifies?  Unless its an application development or integration tool, it likely will (ie something that improves end user productivity, like a blackberry app.)  Contact your PSM if you want to know for sure, and if you don't have a PSM, fill out the Contact Me partner form on the AppExchange.

SanalSanal

Thanks Adam,

I will go ahead with filling out the "Become a Partner" section in AppExchange.

Regards
Sanal