function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
haiduzhaiduz 

something so BASIC and it CAN'T! be done: sending out an email to contact when you close his case

My manager has a hard time believing that this cant be done with basic configuration but after talking to a gold support representative I got the idea that it cannot be done.

All I need done is have an email template be sent out automatically to the email address of a Case contact after an agent resolves his a case. It seems that this would be a basic feature and I hope I am wrong when I got the impression that it can not be done.

I tried setting up an auto response rule, but I was told those are only for automated web-to-case and email to case. Then I tried to set up a work flow rule/alert so that when I close a case an email is send out. However, for the 'workflow alert recipient' they do not let you pick the case contact email. I do not see why this would not be an option considering that you can pick record owner or record creator as an option.

I would appreciate a confirmation that "an automatic email to contact on case close" in fact can't be done, and I would greatly appreciate if some one would tell me how this could be done.

Thank you.
Larry RobinsonLarry Robinson
Go to setup, Case, Support settings and set up a Case Close Template.  Let me know if that is what you need.
haiduzhaiduz

I spend about 40 minutes over the phone with my support representative, but in the end he finally was able to show me how its done through support settings and the close case template.

Thank you Larry Robinson. Your advice helped guide me in the right direction!

GlennAtAppirioGlennAtAppirio
On a related note - is there a way to specify different Case Close templates, depending on the Case's Record Type?  This doesn't seem possible on the surface, but the business need is clear (there are dramatically different audiences for the different Case Record Types at my customer).

GlennAtAppirioGlennAtAppirio
To answer my own question - according to SFDC tech support, unfortunately, there is no way to specify different Case Close templates based on Record Type.  You're stuck having to use the same Case Close template regardless of Record Type.