function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff W.Jeff W. 

AppExchange Integration with Oracle BPEL PM

Hey guys, how's it going...

I have a quesiton about using Oracle BPEL PM to pull and manipulte data from salesforce.com.  We are specifically trying to map the response from the 'query' operation from an imported Enterprise WSDL to an entitiy-specific schema instance.

We understand that there is an 'inheritance'/extension relationship between the sObject base element and each of the entity elements.  When we attempt to use transformation/mapping tool in BPEL PM, the element names that we see are from the sObject, not for a specific entity type.

Can anyone here offer guidance on how to get the response from a 'query' operation into an entity-specific schema format?  Any information you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeff
adamgadamg
Hi Jeff - I've asked one our of resident Oracle BPEL experts to chime in - hopefully they'll have a solution.
Jeff W.Jeff W.
Awesome.  Thanks Adam!
mspohnmspohn
Hi Jeff,

Looks like this could be a variable definition problem in Oracle BPEL PM. Anyway, this might be a little hard to figure out without actualy looking at the problem.
I know Oracle BPEL PM pretty well, so we could set up a Webex and go through your use case together if you like. Please contact me directly at mspohn@salesforce.com for details.

Thanks,
Markus
tj3tj3

Hi mspohn,

I am struggling to consume salesforce outbound message in BPEL process. If you have some working example, that will b e of great help.

Thanaks

tj3

mspohnmspohn

I don't have a working sample.

We're pretty busy with our annual conference Dreamforce next week, but I could help you after that.

Cheers,

Markus

AcademicHoboAcademicHobo

I also am using Oracle SOA 11g (BPEL) to drive integrations to SF.  As such, I don't have the benefit of a tool like wsdl2java.  So I need to use the SF schema to manipulate SObjects in my BPEL processes.  But the SF wsdl only defines objects.  There are no object declarations.  So to start with, I have nothing with which to populate a variable in BPEL.  I don't want to add my own declarations to the SF wsdl because the wsdl changes too frequently, particularly since the underlying schema my business is using is in a state of flux as its use of SF evolves.  I have been able to add those declarations to a wsdl that imports the enterprise.wsdl, but that's a dangerous approach since it violates the visibility rule for embedded schemas in imported wsdls.  I read a whitepaper put out by an Oracle consulting company about integrating between Oracle SOA 11g and SF, but those folks actually hardcoded their SF object in their BPEL process using an XML fragment.  I see that as unmaintable as I continue to create integrations for many SObjects.  So I am writing to appeal to anyone for a better strategy.  I wish the wsdl contained declarations.  Then I wouldn't have to worry about all this.  Can anyone explain to me why it doesn't?

Thanks,

Cris

AcademicHoboAcademicHobo

tj3:

I've been able to do this....but there is a difficulty you should keep in mind.  The notification wsdl you get from SF provides the SObject, the ID and the object you are returning USING THE SAME NAMESPACE AS USED FOR THESE OBJECTS IN THE ENTERPRISE WSDL!  This can result in conflicting declarations if the objects aren't identical.  Even if they are, I don't think it works.  I usually have to make additional SF calls to complete the message I am sending back to my internal system.  To do that, I need to use the enterprise.wsdl and to use it, I need to put those calls in a composite that is separate from the one receiving my outbound message.  Hope that helps.  Also you may want to check out:

http://www.mandsconsulting.com/salesforcecom-integration-with-soa-11g

- Cris