function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
chuckdubdubchuckdubdub 

"Deleted" records still appear thru API and sforce Explorer

We've tried to delete self service users by going to the Account record to which they are attached, in SF.com, going to the "Contacts" section and then hitting the Del link for the given record.  That makes them disappear from our listings, but they aren't really deleted, it seems. 

For example, if I use the API to query the record from the SelfServiceUser table, or if I use sforce explorer, I'm still seeing the records in our tables.  Why is that?

Thanks!

-Chuck
benjasikbenjasik
filter on the active flag.  Users are never deleted, you can only make them inactive
chuckdubdubchuckdubdub
Ok, so that is indeed puzzling.  So why is it that I can see a few records that are not active (IsActive boolean) using our SF SSP web administrative interface, but when I look via sforce explorer, I see many more records in the SelfServiceUser table that are not active with this same flag when I view the table directly. 

Ultimately I want to be able to query this table externally using the API and have our support folks be able to determine yes/no support activation using some boolean flag.  But the API also seems to see all records even the "deleted" ones, so that makes it an ineffective way for me to be able to manage this administrative function.

Surely I'm not trying to do something totally out of the ordinary right?

-Chuck

chuckdubdubchuckdubdub

Mmmm, I think I figured out part of the mystery.  I think the "deleted" records that don't appear via the Web SF view have no ContactID.  The ones that appear on our listing but are InActive do have a ContactID.  Therefore if I want to use the IsActive boolean as a toggle for externally activating or deactivating a customer for support, then I need to check to see if there is a ContactID.  I'd want to filter my query for (! contactID = NULL)... or something like that!

-Chuck