function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
hemmhemm 

Dynamically Set the Sender From/Email to the Lead Owner on an Auto Response Rule

For an Auto Response rule, is there anything (like a merge field) that can be put into the Sender's Name and Sender's Email Address that would dynamically pull that information from the Lead Owner? 

The issue is that my client is sending Auto Response emails and the email template has the Lead Owner's info in it (via merge fields), but there is no simple way to do this dynamically in an Auto Response Rule.  To accomplish this, they need to create an Auto Response Rule for each Assignment Rule they have and then hardcode in who that Auto Response Rule comes from.  This means that any future changes to Assignment Rules require a similar change to Auto Response Rules.  There must be an easier way.  Ideas?

dfgdfg
I am having a similar problem with my client.  I need to be able to dynamically set the email sender's email address based on who is assigned as the Lead Owner, not the User who is sending the Auto-Response email.  Did you ever find a solution to this problem you posted on July 22, 2008?
hemmhemm
I never found a solution other than creating an Auto Response Rule for each assignment rule.
dfgdfg

Thanks for your reply.

I have one other question for you. I am currently having difficulty getting my Lead Auto-Response Rules to fire at all for any of my incoming Web-to-Leads.  My Web-to-Lead landing pages use custom code written in .Net and the Leads are arriving fine, but the Auto-Response Rules are not firing.  Do you recall if there is a special switch that has to be activated in the Web-to-Lead code to activate the Auto-Response Rules?

hemmhemm
Not 100% sure, but make sure your .Net pages are posting to Salesforce via the Web To Lead URL and not using the API to insert Leads.  Via the API, you have the ability to turn on Lead Assignment, but not the ability to turn on Auto Response.  If you submit it through the Web To Lead service, Auto Response happens automatically.