function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AdamJWAdamJW 

Email2Case case creation parameters

I'm trying to configure email2case to set some properties on the case that it creates.. Ideally case type and case origin.  Is this something email2case supports out of the box?  I couldn't find anything obvious in the documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Adam
werewolfwerewolf
The Priority, Case Record Type and Case Origin fields can be set for each routing address through Setup->Customize->Case->Email To Case.
MichaelF.ax377MichaelF.ax377
I am not seeing those fields "Priority, Case Record Type and Case Origin" exposed in the email2case setup.  What am I missing?  My setup page looks like this ....

werewolfwerewolf
Look further down on the page.  These options are defined per routing address.

Message Edited by werewolf on 08-04-2008 03:26 PM
SFDC1adminSFDC1admin
Jumping into the thread on this item - I have set-up email to case and have set-up the origin field to email. Is there a way that this can be set to populate which email address the case was sent to? We have several addresses that customers can email and would like to know on the case where they are coming from. Any help appreciated.
werewolfwerewolf
That would be a great place to use Workflow From Email Messages.  Try making a workflow on Email Message which has a field update which copies the To field into a field on the parent case.