function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
DarkGuideDarkGuide 

S Controls and Standard Buttons

greggatssdgreggatssd
Does anybody else see a problem with this message...

DarkGuideDarkGuide
Sorry my fault - got a bit trigger happy before I'd posted the comment.... I was looking for a way to override the "NEW" button in leads so it only worked for specific users.

Unfortunately I don't have any javascript skills to create my own S Controls with any degree of skill :smileysad:

ghealyghealy
Without kowing what Edition your using, this thread solved my problem with Professional.

DarkGuideDarkGuide

Are there any other ways if you're running Enterprise (which I am)?

ghealyghealy
That has field level security, there should be a way to do almost anything I would imagine. Somebody much smarter than I am will have to point you in the right direction.
sfdcfoxsfdcfox
The Enterprise Edition method is to set the object permissions on the profile (Setup | Administration Setup | Manage Users | Profiles) so that they can't Create new records for that object. You will need to create a custom profile and assign this custom profile to users that should be restricted from creating that type of record.

~ sfdcfox ~
DarkGuideDarkGuide
:smileyvery-happy: :smileyvery-happy: So simple - how could I've missed that... obviously too busy looking for a creative solution to simple problem.

Brilliant Thanks