function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
LibbySLibbyS 

Removing dupes from contacts

I inherited a contact table with duplicates and need to remove the dupes. The table has about 200k entries and I need to compare at least 5 fields. Is there a common practice or something in AppExchange that would do this? if not, I'm thinking of exporting the table using Data Loader, de-duping with a perl script, then importing the entire table using Data Loader.

Any advice on this process? I am a salesforce newbie but with a data/IT background.

Many thanks for advice/info.
Ron HessRon Hess
in the past, i've written a perl script to fill out a "KEY" which is a combo of the five fields you require, now you can use a formula field to do this part.

contstruct a formula which cat's the fields, then you can write a perl script to query /queryMore() and order by that formula field, then your perl script can check for dups and perform a merge() api call on the records.

that avoids exporting and re-importing, which you can also do , if so you can use queryAmp or data loader.

AndreaRozAndreaRoz

Hi,

I am facing with the same problem have you found a solution or an algorithm to do that?

Thanks,

--

Andrea

NazeerNazeer
Hi,
Demand Tool from crmfussion is very good tool for de-duplication.

Regards,
Nazeer
Chennai, India.