function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
haiduzhaiduz 

In the edit page, automatically fill in change fields based on dropdown choices

In out salesforce setup, at the case level, there is a drop down pick list that allows you to indicate which department the case was escalated to, if the cases need to be escalated.

It would be great that when in the edit case page the "escalated to" field is changed from "none" to "billing" or anything else, immediatly and automatically the case status drop down pick list would be  changed to "escalated" and the action drop down field would be also changed to "escalated to different department".

Currently, once the escalated to drop down box is changed from none to something else, the agents have to pick these other two fields manually. I wish this processes should be automated.

I looked into validation rules, but they do not accomplish what i need because 1) these rules apply only 95% of the time and 2) fields arent changed automatically like i want but only an error message is given and agent still has to manually pick the right fields. Also dependant picklists wont solve this, because case status and action are generic. Also, making escalated to a dependant picklist of status would partly solve the problem, however, the action drop down list would still be independant since it also applies to all cases.

I dont think having default picklist values based on previous choices, is currently supported during the edit page process, but it would be great if it was.