function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
larnoldlarnold 

Question about Vacation Request Application

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, but when I logged a case with Salesforce regarding this issue, this is where I was sent.

I have inherited a Salesforce configuration in which the "Vacation Request Application" has been included.  We'd very much like to use this application, but the list that allows us to choose which employee is creating a new PTO for approval needs to be changed.

How can one create/update/change a list of employees to be used by this application?  So far I have been unsuccessful finding documentation on this topic.  Any help provided would be greatly appreciated, even if it means being pointed in the proper direction in which to inquire!

Thanks again!
benjasikbenjasik
can you lock down access to the application and custom objects by profile security?
larnoldlarnold

I haven't really tried, but that's not really what I'm trying to do either. 

When using the application, there are two drop-down boxes that access what are supposed to be lists of employees.  The drop-down box at the top is to be used to add the employee requesting PTO.  The bottom drop-down box is to be used to add the manager to which the request will be sent - the person who is making the approval. 

Currently the bottom drop-down box is using a correct list of employees, but the top drop-down box is pulling from a list of our customers - not our employees.  We cannot use this application until we can find a way to change the list in the top drop-down box. 

Again, any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated - thank you so much for your rapid response!

TCAdminTCAdmin
larnold,

There is most likely an sControl that is pulling the records through a query command.  I haven't looked at it but you would need to recoade that query so that instead of querying the Contact object it will query the User object.  If you would like me to take a look at this for you then please email me at my address below and we can exchange information.

Message Edited by TCAdmin on 07-09-2007 09:05 AM

TheBootTheBoot

The goodnews is that it is totally easy to do.  Even I, who know next to nothing about S-controls and all that stuff figured this one out. (BTW I wish I knew stuff about s-controls!:smileywink:)

All you have to do is kill the Employee field that comes with the app, and create your own.  It's a basic custom lookup field, and instead of pointing the lookup at Contacts,  you point it at Users. 

Done.

Easy.:smileywink: