function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mattsalzbergmattsalzberg 

Basic custom buttons

I'm relatively new to the programming side of s-force, and wanted to know if someone could help me out.  I just built a new custom object which contains, among many other fields a date in it; i need to make a custom button that will create an event on the calendar with this date and any other information that i need from the custom object.  I know it's basic, but any ideas?
DaveIngramDaveIngram
Hi,

we are doing more or less the samething (except creating contracts not calendar items).

The methold we used was to use a URL string to create the contract.

here is an example of the javascript (Blue is the feild name and the Red is the data to put in the feild):

window.open('https://na3.salesforce.com/00U/e?due_date=16%2F07%2F2007&evt5=Subjectdata&evt6=Descriptiondata&retURL=%2Fhome%2Fhome.jsp');

Put this code in your button as type javascript and away you go. If you are passing this from another object you can dynamically populate data using htis syntax: {!Lead.FirstName}

Hope this helps

Dave
Justin DavisJustin Davis
I'm trying to get a populated date field on an Opportunity to create a matching event upon saving, on that Opportunity owner's calendar. I spoke with tech support who said this wasn't even possible with Apex, but I find that hard to believe. Any ideas?

Thanks....

Justin Davis
jdavis@coverallusa.com