function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Eyal_WizEyal_Wiz 

Convert Lead

Hi Everyone,

When converting a lead in the "convert lead" screen there is a checkbox called "Do not create a new opportunity upon conversion".
I've defined my users a certain process of working with salesforce in which it very important that they'll not create an opportunity when converting a lead.

Is there a way to make this checkbox checked as default or even checked and read only?

Thanks
Eyal
Greg HGreg H
You might be able to override the "convert" button and pass a parameter (&nooppti=1) in the URL.
-greg
alwysthknalwysthkn

I tried to create a button to pass this parameter and it worked (checkbox is checked) as long as the Lead ID was explicit as in

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL=%2F00Q7000000VcY8l&id=00Q7000000VcY8l&nooppti=1

but when I tried to make the button work with all leads, as in

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL={!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}&nooppti=1

I get the following error:

Unable to Access Page
Invalid parameter value "{!Lead.Id}" for parameter "id". 

Error: The value of the parameter specified above contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and re-submit. If the error still persists, please report it to our Customer Support team and provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information. 

If I change just the id= parameter so it is explicit, it works (the checkbox is checked).

/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL={!Lead.Id}&id=00Q7000000LvNpf&nooppti=1

What up with that?  Why can't I pass in generic Lead ID?

Greg HGreg H

To me that error means that Salesforce is not resolving the {!Lead.Id} request to an actual value. This generally happens when the Lead Id is not available from the page you are navigating. So I think the issue has more to do with where your button is located or how it is configured than the string you are using for the URL. I just used your "/lead/leadconvert.jsp?retURL={!Lead.Id}&id={!Lead.Id}&nooppti=1" string in a new button on Lead and it worked fine for me.

-greg