function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike 

Task Subject values accessible through API?

I can see that the Task Status values are accessible through the API, but I can't seem to find any way to programmatically get the Task Subject choices. 

Does anyone know whether those are available?
HardhatHardhat
What do you mean, the Task Subject choices?  That's a text field -- people can enter arbitrary values in there.  There are no preset choices as there are with Task Status.
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike
While that's true, you'll now notice a button that appears next to the Subject field on a Task.  That button has choices in it that populate the Subject field.

I would love to be able to determine the values that go into that button, that populate the Subject field.
ColoradoMikeColoradoMike
I suppose the values in the button are just built-in, right?  These choices are "Call", "Send Letter", "Send Quote" and "Other".
HardhatHardhat

Fascinating.  No, the values are not built in -- it's a combo box, and you can edit the values by going to Setup->Customize->Activity->Task Fields and clicking on the Subject field.

You can probably get the values via a describe call like you'd do with a picklist.  When I connected using Apex Explorer to the 11.1 web services endpoint, I could see the values via the Subject field on Task.

ColoradoMikeColoradoMike
Ah, excellent.  Thanks so much for the tip!