function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
yhyh 

When will xmlrpc no longer be supported?

Are there any plans to end support for xmlrpc?  If so, when?
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi yh,

Support for XML-RPC is going to end.  I just don't know when.  Suffice it to say, that we have no intention of stranding anyone or standing by while their ship sinks.  We have already frozen the functionality of XML-RPC (no new features).  We will be providing 6 to 12 months notice before we officially stop supporting it.  This doesn't mean we will turn it off, but means that if you have problems or new bugs, then you will be on your own after that time.

Tarak SilliniTarak Sillini

Hi Dave,

My XMLRPC code also stoped working with the new version along with the other issues with using SOAP API 2.0. i am getting a timeout on login with XMLRPC. has the url changed? i am using http://ssl.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.Api

thanks

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Tarak,

Please provide additional details about the problems you are experiencing. 

The endpoint for xml-rpc has not changed and won't change.

Tarak SilliniTarak Sillini

Hi,

I am sending a login request and i am not getting anything back, the call times out after the 1-2 minutes. it the exact same login request that i have been using for more than a year...

thanks

tarak

Ron HessRon Hess

Regression noted today, XMLRPC calls ( 2.0 api ) using Query IDLIST return objects in a random order , prior to today the return values were in the order of the ID's passed in.

has any thing at all changed behind the XMLPRC end point ?

Message Edited by Ron Hess on 04-20-2004 07:54 PM

Ron HessRon Hess

more debugging points to a change in the order of records returned from query using IdList

I query using IDList and display the results in Excel in the order that I passed in the ID's , just today I noticed that the records returned are no longer in that order.

my bad  for depending on the return order, this impacts the excel tool found on the open source page.

the fix is to modify the code to not display results in the order returned, but to look at the returns as a bag and sort out the records one by one... I've not written this code yet as I hope to port the entire code base to SOAP 3.0 as soon as the COM toolkit doc becomes available.

until then, beware of menu item "Query Selected Rows" , instead you can use "Query Table".

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Tarak,

Please respond if you are still having this problem.

Message Edited by DevAngel on 04-26-2004 09:36 AM