function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alex77alex77 

Integrating with ERP

What are the possibilities of integration with the salesforce.com professional edition?I mean, without using the API.

All our prospects want to import data from their ERP to the Salesforce.com. Is there any possibility to automatize that importation without having to use the import wizard once i have defined the mapping of the data for the first time?. We want to import a CSV file generated every day by our ERP with the data of new contacts to the CRM and we want to import that csv every night automatically.

Thanks

Donovan KrugerDonovan Kruger
Hi Alex,

I don't have an answer to your question (other than I don't think it is currently possible to automate CSV imports outside of the API). I believe the import wizards is designed primarily to accomodate very basic data conversion needs when a user or organization first uses the system. Here is a link to the help page which doesn't really address automation: https://na1.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/faq_import.htm

With that being said, I would suggest you modify the subject of your post. Your post is not an ERP-specific issue, so I don't think someone who could have helped you would even bother looking at the post. Maybe if it read something like "Is the Import Wizard capable of automation?", you would get the right persons to look at it. That's what you are trying to solve, regardless of the source data application.

Good luck,
Donovan

Message Edited by Donovan Kruger on 04-28-2004 11:30 AM

Message Edited by Donovan Kruger on 04-28-2004 11:30 AM

adamgadamg
Its going to very difficult (if not impossible) to automate that process without using the API or a partner solution that leverages the API - thats pretty much what it is there for!