function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vipin  PulinholyVipin Pulinholy 

Auto Generated(Pre Populated)Custom Field

I have created a Custom Field Using Studio. This  field  is a Text data type and say the name is 'Destination ID'. I want  this text field to be populated automaticaly when the user selects the Destionation(which is another text field in the same form which lies above the 'Destination ID' text box.). When the focus goes out of the 'Destionation' field the 'Destination ID; should come in the text box. The id's may be hardcoded and be like 'CANA1000'.

Can any one please tell me will it possible to do it using sforce control or API's ? and if yes How do I do ?

adamgadamg
Are you looking for an auto-increment ID field? If so we'll have those in the Summer 04 release.
Vipin  PulinholyVipin Pulinholy

Thank you admag....

If an auto increment is not possible, do I can have a custom field text box(Read Only),for which the values are filled automatically when the user enters a value in one of the related field.?

I will explain the requirement below.......

Suppose I have field Called 'Account Name' in New Opportunity form which is pick list. Just below to that I have a Custom Field called 'Sub Account Code ', a Text field . I want this field to be Read Only. When the user selects one account from 'Account Name'  pick list , I want to fill the  'Sub Account Code' field automatically by generating a new value. I want to crate the new value by taking the first 3 alphabet from the selected 'Account Name'  and add a 3 digit numbers to the right of that. For example if the User selects an account called PEPSI , I want the 'Sub Account Code ' field should automatically fill with the value PEP001. So when the User creates another opportunity for the same account the the ''Sub Account Code ' should be 'PEP002' like that....

This is my requirement. Will it possible to do this customization in salesforc.com using sforce control or through API or in any other way?

Thanks

das

carlicollinscarlicollins
I have the same question. Is is possible to have a lookup field, and depending on that ID pre-populate fields with information from another custom object?

Thanks.

Message Edited by carlicollins on 06-13-2006 05:30 AM

carlicollinscarlicollins
Any suggestions?