function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MilkovicMilkovic 

ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

I'm recieving this error when trying to append contracts.

Error code is: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION
Error message: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: ORA-01000: maximum open cursors exceeded

But before this was happening I was having trouble inserting into the status field. the value I'm inserting is Activated, but it returned:

Error code is: INVALID_STATUS
Error message: invalid status

Though Activated is in the StatusCode entity. Any idea why it would be invalid?

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi WhizA,

I'll have to look into the ORA error.  Can you give me an idea of the scale of the operation (number of contracts being created, batch size, etc)?

As for the status, you cannot activate a contract through the api currently.  I believe this is changing for the Summer '04 release.  It's obvious  that you need to set the status correctly when importing active contracts.

MilkovicMilkovic

Hey Dave,

Unlike my other obese entitys this one is only around 15,000 Contracts. Using a batch size of 500. When I changed the status to Draft I was able to append them fine, but when I was appending them with status of Activated that's when it would give me the maximum open cursors exceeded error.

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi WhiZa,

On further review....  You cannot set the status to activated from the API.  I believe we are changing this for the upcoming release.