function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ToreTore 

Data Storage Excesses

I'm creating an app for the appexchange and have recently deployed a beta testing version and have found for larger organizations that the data I put into Salesforce eats up a lot of space (10s of MBs). Data is stored between two custom objects.  One of the custom objects is attached per contact and can easily contain 40+ records (this is the one that would be causing large storage sizes).  I'm wondering if there are some good gerneral optimzation procedures. 

The main question I have right now is how adding Notes & Attachments might increase the size.  That functionality is really not necessary so if it eats up a lot of space I should remove it before our full release.  Does anyone know how much adding the Notes & Attachments on to an object increases Data Storage sizes?

*Also, as a general coment, it would be nice to be able to remove Notes & Attachments after creating an object.

Message Edited by Tore on 09-06-2006 08:59 AM

EnzigmaEnzigma
We have come up with a solution which can save the space eaten up by attachments. It is called "FTP Attachments" it is a free application which can be used to store your attachments on your onw FTP Server instead of storing it in the Salesforce storage space. This can save you enormous space and one does not have to worry about the space while attaching documents to any object.

Application is available at,

Regards,
Team Enzigma