function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mikewolfmikewolf 

Crystal Reports and Salesforce.com help needed

i just bought crystal reports server xi and i cant get it to connect to salesforce.com.  is there anyone who can help me?
tttt

If you can other tools to access salesforce.com - for instance in a browser or using an API tool like the sForce Explorer (http://sforce.sourceforge.net/) on the same machine, then Business Objects support may be the best people to help you.

There is no real configuration needed for the salesforce connector. It will ask for your username and password when connecting, then get the metadata.

Ian_HIan_H

Mike - what version of Salesforce are you using?

You may need to have access to the API - do you know if you have this enabled for your org?

tttt
Business Objects is an AppExchange certified application, and has a partner key. This allows the use of the API on Professional Edition - as well as Enterprise and Unllimited editions. Best thing is to try the sForce explorer and see if there is an error message to start
RRESRRES

I just tested Crystal on a Professional Account and had no luck connecting. I think that this product is for Enterprise users only as it requires access to the API. Another good reason to upgrade :smileyhappy:

Rich

tttt
If you are on Professional Edition you should contact Business Objects support for a patch that lets them connect to non-API-enabled customer data. In a future release, this will be included in the standard driver.

Message Edited by tt on 09-14-2006 12:30 PM

mikewolfmikewolf
thank you!