function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
axcisaxcis 

Customize salesforce tables and fields for application

I have a custom application that also has some customizations on the Accounts table and Products table.  Standard upload does not include these customizations on the salesforce tables.  How do I include these custom fields with my application?
Mike LeachMike Leach
Unfortunately, the AppExchange currently does not allow packaged apps to modify or inherit standard objects.

The current AppExchange publishing process involves documenting required customizations in a PDF Customization Guide.

There are some slick S-Control tricks that can be included in an "About" tab that reflect on the existing object schema and suggest required customizations if they're missing.
Gareth DaviesGareth Davies

Great suggestion about checking the schema on the "About Tab"  Mike - can I vote for that as a standard best-practice somewhere, along with some form of voluntary code for avoiding name-space conflicts on such customisations.

Cheers

Gareth.

axcisaxcis
Thanks for the quick response.  Creating the customization document will meet my needs.

Mark Stair
www.axcis.net
A+ Service and Order application for Salesforce and QuickBooks.
Mike LeachMike Leach

Gareth Davies wrote:

Great suggestion about checking the schema on the "About Tab"  Mike - can I vote for that as a standard best-practice somewhere, along with some form of voluntary code for avoiding name-space conflicts on such customisations.

Custom field dependency checking is definitely high on my AppExchange wishlist.

Someone posted an S-Control that does this, but I've lost the bookmark.