function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ElenaCaptaElenaCapta 

Convert with Record Type

hello,

I download the application Convert with Record Type of the Appexchange, ant it doesn't work.
When I fill the form it print an error like this:

could not convert lead 00Q20000001vcK7sdfa
invalid convertedStatus: Closed - converted

Note: the status of the lead are Open - contacted

Somebody knows the reason?

thanks!!!
MKPartners.comMKPartners.com
It sounds like you need to check what values you have configured in your Lead Status field and which are designated as Converted.

My guess is you don't have the value that the s-control is trying to set the lead to
RightMediaLauraRightMediaLaura

I am running into the same problem. How do I change the lead status fields so that the code recognises and converts the lead? Which lead value is the s-control looking for?
Thanks so much for discussing this topic!
Laura
RobLofaroRobLofaro
There is a workaround to set the Opportunity and/or Account Record type to match that of the Lead's.  Follow these steps:

1.  Create a formula field on the Lead and populate this with the Lead Record Type ID field
2.  Create a Large Text field on the Opportunity with length = 1300 (needed to match length of formula field) called Lead Record Type
3.  Update Lead Mapping to map the Lead Record Type field with the Opportunity: Lead Record Type field
4.  Create a workflow rule on the Opportunity for each record type with the criteria of Lead Record Type = record type id A. 
5.  Add a Field Update on the rule to set the Opportunity Record Type to the appropriate record type matching Lead Record Type A