function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ssurferssurfer 

Capturing Partner Details in custom email template

Hi,

I've got an app for a shipping company. In the custom contract HTML email template i've made, we need to capture data about a partner (name, email , fax and phone number).
The partner details comes from a standard associated list under opportunitues, as do the quotation details (the custom object from which i'm sending out the email)

The hierachy looks like this:
Account>Opportunity>Quotation
Account>Opportunity>Partner

How can i capture data from both the partner and quotation objects?

I've so far not used any real programming to customize salesforce, so please, if you can, give me a newbie answer

Best regards
J
ApprivoApprivo
You will not be able to get these fields (from different objects) into the same email template
I suggest that whatever process you use to initate the email template goes out and gets the partner information and stores it in custom fields on the quotation object so you can include all of the fields in the email template. For example rather than pressing 'Send Email' you press a button which calls an s-control to copy the data, and once copied it calls the send email process/ URL

ssurferssurfer

Thank you very much for your reply!

I've never created an s-control before, but it sounds like i can really use one for this. Do you have more information about how to build one for this, and/or where can i go to get more information on it?

Best regards,

Johan

ApprivoApprivo

Apprivo also builds controls for their clients.