function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PerGeertPerGeert 

Calling external webservice and returning

I have an internal webservice doing some advantaged mail merge with SFDC and storing the result as an attachment to the calling object.

If I create an URL as a custom link, e.g. http://internal.sfdcservice?parameters it works fine. The only two problems I try to solve are the following:

- while the service is running (takes about 1-2 minutes), I would like to display 'the' wait_cursor, so the user can see, something (might) be happening

- once the process is completed I would like to refresh the caller form so the new attachment shows up in the list of attachments instead of leaving the form from the web service.

The web service and consuming web site is written in vb.net

Being a novice in web development I've tried a couple of things without any major success:

- instead of calling the URL directly, creating a sControl to diplay the wait_cursor, but haven't been able to catch the event that the web service was done

- do everything in vb.net but haven't had much success with various variations of response.xxx.

I believe this is not an unknown scenario, so if some of you have a solution. please let me know.

best regards,
Per
PerGeertPerGeert
OK, I sort of got it to work - showing the wait_cursor and retuning the MS-Word document once done.