function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
5th Wheel Steve5th Wheel Steve 

Task Created on Lead Assignment

Has anyone come up with a way to automatically generate a user activity, upon having a lead assigned to them.
I can see where this could get out of control in a firm that generates large numbers of leads.
We do not.
Rather than have my inside sales people constantly monitor their leads page, I would like a new high-prioriy activity to follow-up be created.
Ian_HIan_H

Hi,

Are you using lead assignment rules?
- If you are, there is an option to generate an email notifying the recipient of a new lead

If not - there's an option to send an email notification to a manually assigned lead owner.

If you want a task notification rather than email, you can use workflow (if you're using Enterprise edition) to generate a new task automatically when the lead is assigned.
- The trick is to assign the task the the 'lead owner' not to a single named user field as this will be the field being changed

Hope this helps.

Ian.

5th Wheel Steve5th Wheel Steve
Yes I am using lead assignment rules, but wanted automatic task creation....
It just will generate alot of email for my sales team, whereas automatic task creation is much more efficient.....
Again foiled in Professional version........
GeniuanGeniuan
@Ian_H, you are just confirming the question. Of course you will assign the task to the lead owner. What about how to identify the lead was assigned using an assignment rule?