function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MatMMatM 

Formula Over 4000 - How can I?

How can i get SFDC to Copy the result of a formula and paste it as (Special, just the cell value) so that i can reference it using another formula.
Currently i am returning the greater than 4000 error......
TonkaCruiserTonkaCruiser
Mat,

Currently this is a limitation in the formula fields.  If you use two formula fields, fField A & fField B to calculate a third formula field, fField C the system will combine the formulas of all three.  This can quickly make your formula too large.  There isn’t any easy work around that would allow you to get around this. 

There is a possibility that you could use some type of custom link or a formula field using a HYPERLINK to copy the result to a new temp field on the same record.  It will be messy but it would work.  Below is a link that would take the value that is in the From Value field and past it into the To Value field.  Mine shows a field ID and you would have to replace mine with yours for it to work correctly.  This formula opens a new window and saves the record and sends you to the Home page.  You may want to create a sControl page that says something like “Your formula has been updated with the new value, close window and refresh your record to see new values”

HYPERLINK("/" & {!Id} & "/e?00N50000001I3uM=" & {!From_Value__c} & "&save=save" , "Update Formula Values")

If you have any questions please let me know.  There is probably someone that could give you an sControl option that would do something similar but I haven’t seen one and I’m not that experienced with sControls at this time.

Chris

Message Edited by TonkaCruiser on 10-13-2006 03:09 AM

MatMMatM
Thanks Chris,

I will try this.  I have SFDC helping me out on a new formula/scontrol as well, hopefully i can resolve this soon.

regards
mat