function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
aknightaknight 

Products Formula

I need to write a formula that will enable me to add the list price items on the product section on the opportunities tab together and total them in a field below the amount field. This is so I can track how much discount our sales team have been giving from our list price to the customer. If this is possible pleae let me know how to perform this function.

Thanks

Andrew
The_FoxThe_Fox
Hello,

Currently, formula across objects are not possible and I have not seen any information on this possibility in Winter'07 edition of salesforce.com so the way to go is as salesforce says inline s-controls or someone from salesforce will prove me wrong and tell us that will be supported.

Regards
I2XI2X

I am essentially trying to do the same thing.  In the Products Object I mark certain products as "recurring" or "non-recurring" (i.e., monthly hosting charges vs. setup fees).  I need my Opportunities to run a calculation that is accurate (i.e., setup fees + monthly hosting charges * 12).  This would yield the accurate value of the opportunity.

I was told that cross object field forumlas would be available in the Spring 07 release, which just posted last nigh, but I am still not able to do so.

There must be some link somewhere between the Opportunity Products sub-object and the Products object.  Right now, when I create a custom field in the Products object it does not show up at all in the Opportunity Products object.

Please help...