function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
eric_falskeneric_falsken 

Merged leads via API?

If someone merges two leads, what happens to the old one when queried via the API? is there a way to tell that a lead has been merged?

Example: I have an ID for one lead. That lead gets merged into another (different lead). What happens to the lead matching the (old) ID that I still have a reference to?

Ideally: I'd like a way to update my local data with the new lead ID.
WELLS TECWELLS TEC
I would need more information but it seems that you are merging two leads. When ever you merge two leads with in salesforce.com both of the records are deleted from salesforce. Now when you do a merge both Leads are deleted from the system and a new record is created with the information that you chose to keep.
benjasikbenjasik
Winter '07 will have some enhancements here.  There will be a queryall method to get deleted records, and a masterrecordid that will be set on records that "lose" the merge, so this will be very easy to detect.
kwtankwtan
A new version of "Dupe Eliminator" v1.1, is now available on the AppExchange. This app is free! 

It can help you clean up all your duplicate records on standard and custom objects, allows you to specify search criteria by field, and gives you the ability to merge dupe records found. 

You can download the app and user guide here:http://sites.force.com/appexchange/listingDetail?listingId=a0N3000000178g7EAA