function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
prbprb 

VisualForce Eclipse Classpath Corrupted

I was happily developing using the eclipse IDE plugin for Visualforce over the past week.  I logged in today and I started getting these errors:
NoClassDefFoundError: javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart java.mail.internet.MimeMultipart

I have no idea what has changed.  When I try to create a project, save a class etc.  I get the above error.  Basically any interaction with the Salesforce server.  I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling eclipse several times to no avail.

What makes this stranger is that I was able to install everything on another PC and it works fine so some classpath setting has to be screwed up somewhere on my development machine.  Has anyone encountered this?  At the very least, could someone suggest how to uninstall the salesforce eclipse plugin completely?  I have an extracted version of eclipse 3.3 running off my c drive.  I have deleted this as well as the .metadata folder in my workspace directory.

Where else to visualforce configuration files reside?  It seems that my IDE keeps trying to import a corrupt classpath but I can't find where this is set.  I even tried copying the J2EE mail jar into my JRE and I still get the same stupid classpath error.

Frustrating....

JonPJonP
The Force.com IDE does not send or receive email, so it's unlikely this error is directly related to the IDE.  Instead, it's probably some corruption or environment conflict between Eclipse and Java.  Since reinstalling Eclipse and creating a new workspace didn't fix the problem, Java seems the most likely culprit.

Check your Java CLASSPATH environment settings.  If that doesn't fix it, the next step is to uninstall and reinstall Java, then Eclipse, then the Force.com IDE plug-in, making sure to discard your previous Eclipse installations and any old workspaces.

Also, since you asked, the Force.com IDE is installed into the {eclipse}/features/ and {eclipse}/plugins/ folders.  Any local configuration files it subsequently creates will be located under your workspace folder.
prbprb
Thanks.  Reinstalling java did the trick.
Something in my JAVA classpath must have interfering with eclipse.