function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WhyserWhyser 

Email Reply - Signature Location

Hi everyone,

I just had a question about the signature location when you send replies from Salesforce.

When you do a reply in Microsoft Outlook, your signature appears ABOVE the reply message.

However, in Salesforce, when you do a reply to an email message, your signature appears at the BOTTOM of the reply message.

My question is if there is any way to change in Salesforce where the location of your email signature shows in an email when you are replying to a message? Ideally to mimick the way that Outlook places the signature when doing a reply?

Thanks
jpdjeryjpdjery
I concur. Looks like a bug to me. I too would like to know how to "fix" this.
JakesterJakester
I really need to figure this out, too - what were they thinking??
Amber NeillAmber Neill
Do we have an ETA on a fix for this?  Or at least a workaround?  This is a huge issue for email2case folks!
Thanks,
Amber
JakesterJakester
Amber, the "workaround" (which you could certainly argue isn't really a workaround) is to delete all the previous emails in the thread before hitting reply. That will make the signature appear at the right spot. I'm frankly completely blown away that this isn't considered a bug, or at the very least on the complete top of the IdeaExchange. Here's the idea to fix it, if you'd like to vote for it.