function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Vivek ManchandaVivek Manchanda 

How to retrive Records from OpportunityLineItem through Flex in Customer Portal.

Hi

I am executing  Flex Application through a Visual Force page. Then I have used that Visual Force page on Customer Portal.

I am trying to retrieve records from OpportunityLineItem through my Flex Application on the Customer Portal and I am getting this Error.

(com.salesforce.results::Fault)#0
  context = (null)
  detail = (Object)#1
    InvalidSObjectFault = (Object)#2
      column = 167
      exceptionCode = "INVALID_TYPE"
      exceptionMessage = "
Registration__c,Registration__r.Id from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.product2.Family
                                        ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:167
sObject type 'OpportunityLineItem' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."
      row = 1
      xsi:type = "sf:InvalidSObjectFault"
  faultcode = "sf:INVALID_TYPE"
  faultstring = "INVALID_TYPE:
Registration__c,Registration__r.Id from OpportunityLineItem where PricebookEntry.product2.Family
                                        ^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:167
sObject type 'OpportunityLineItem' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names."

I am using Flex Builder 2 for making the Application.I am getting the records from OpportunityLineItem through Flex when I run the Application in Salesforce instance.

Do I need to add some more parameters a part from applying Query or need to do some thing Else.

Thanks
Vivek Manchanda

Message Edited by Vivek Manchanda on 08-22-2008 07:07 AM
fgwarbfgwarb

I'm pretty sure it's a licensing issue you're hitting.  If I recall correctly Opportunity (and thus OpportunityLineItem) aren't available to Customer Portal Users.

Check any of the Customer Portal profiles and you should see that they don't have any CRUD permissions available for Opportunities.  (Create, Read, Update, Delete)