function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
tmbarrytmbarry 

Missing the "Save" button on the Reports object

Can someone please tell me why my users have the "save as" button on the Reports object and not the "save" button?  I have looked in several different places and can not deteremine why the "save" button is not available to them.

Thx,

Todd B.
JimRaeJimRae

Users can't save the standard reports, they can only save custom reports.

When they open a report the first time, they  can "Save As" with their customizations in their available report folders.

Then, when they open their personal version of the report, they will have both the save and save as available.  Save to update their custom report and save as to copy it to a new name (duplicate it).

Hope that helps.

Jim

tmbarrytmbarry
Thanks Jim.
Parag SevraParag Sevra
FYI:

All users created after year 2016 will need "Manage Public Reports" permission in users' Profile to see the Save button. 

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=08730000000Bp8XAAS

After you give the affected user the "Manage Public Reports" permission, he will be able to see the Save button.

Regards,
Parag Harji Sevra
Salesforce ZaneSalesforce Zane
If you are missing the Share button in 2021 or later and you are using Ad Block Plus make sure you disable the "Block social media icons tracking" option.  It sees the Share button and filters it out.  Took me a while to figure that out!

User-added image