function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
andrew_mowatandrew_mowat 

Metadata API Names

Hi All,

I am having a few issues trying to migrate custom objects from one org to another using the Eclipse IDE.

The objects do not exist on the environment I am trying to create them on. I notice that in the metadata, field names are detailed under the <fullName> element.  The problem I have is caused by some fields referencing other fields by their API name, which includes any namespace references.  However, in the metadata, the field definition doesn't list the API name so I am getting errors stating that the fields do not exist.

An example is below.  In red, you can see the field being referenced  is the full API name, however the definition for this field in the metadata doesn't use the API name.

Is this problem caused by using a namespace prefix?

Hope someone can help out!

Cheers,
Andrew

<fields>
        <fullName>Programme_RAG_Flag__c</fullName>
        <formula>IMAGE(
CASE
(manage__Programme_Status__c  ,
&quot;Blue&quot;, &quot;servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=01540000000MbVj&quot;,
&quot;Green&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_green.gif&quot;,
&quot;Amber&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_yellow.gif&quot;,
&quot;Red&quot;, &quot;/img/samples/flag_red.gif&quot;,&quot;/s.gif&quot;
),
&quot;priority flag&quot;)</formula>
        <formulaTreatBlanksAs>BlankAsZero</formulaTreatBlanksAs>
        <label>Programme RAG Flag</label>
        <type>Text</type>
    </fields>
Paul - SalesbriPaul - Salesbri
Hi

If it helps, we are having the same issue to.  We have created over 200 fields through the Meta Data API and have found that the namespace prefix has not been applied.  However, if we create fields in the same object in the Setup UI the prefix is pre-pended.

If you are reading this Salesforce please can you let us know as we are hoping to publish this application soon and need to get it all fixed!

Thanks

Paul
Paul - SalesbriPaul - Salesbri
Just to give a quick update on this.

I have heard back from sf.com support and they confirmed that names spaces not being assigned when using the create() call is a bug and that it will be fixed in the Winter 09 release.

Hope that helps.

Paul