function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ChrisMcLChrisMcL 

multiple objects in one outbound message?

Is it possible to include more than one table in an outbound message? For example a contact record with it's parent account in one record? This is useful when the external system has it's own external ID for accounts and not the salesforce ID shown in the AccountID field of a contact and the message is triggered off the contact.

I have a feeling the answer is no, but I do have to ask. Any alternatives? Like writing apex code and using outbound messaging libraries?
SuperfellSuperfell
No, not possible right now. The only thing to do would be to turn on the send sessionId option and make an API call back to salesforce to get the rest of the data you need.
BradDBradD
I have an issue though where there is suddenly TWO records in the outbound message... it's an outbound message that is occurring when a field is changed in the contact object, and for some reason, it's suddenly bundling two contacts that are apparently unrelated.

ChrisMcL asked about two objects, but why would it send out two records?
SuperfellSuperfell
In distributed systems round trips are evil, so by design it will bundle upto 100 records into a single notification call.
KadyInfyKadyInfy

Can anyone tell me as to why only single object is used while configuring outbound messages and why not multiple objects??

Any reply to this would be of great help