function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NasipuriNasipuri 

realtime intergation

Hi,

I want real time data integration with Salesforce.com.

My company has an oracle -java based existing application. We want to integrate date from the oracle data base table to SFDC application using java and Web services API .

How we can implement this? Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

RickyGRickyG
Dinesh -

You can expose any Web service in Apex code, so you should be able to access live Oracle data as long as there is a Web service for that data.

If you are using Java, you can access SFDC data via our API and combine that with Oracle data.

Hope this helps.

- RIck Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
NasipuriNasipuri

Hi Rickty,

Thanks for your response.

Your suggestion makes sense. We have already built an application based on java and Apex API which integrates between Oracle database and SFDC.The interface runs in a nightly batch mode.

But our client wants real time data integration.

How can we implement that?

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

SuperfellSuperfell
You might need to explain what you mean by "real time" as that means different things to different people. Do you want to push changes from your system to salesforce as they happen? do you want to push changes from salesforce.com to your system as they happen (in which case see the Outbound Messaging feature in workflow), do you want to not copy data around but rather display your internals system data within the salesforce.com UI directly ?
RickyGRickyG
Dinesh -

If I read your message right, you are not asking for integration, you are asking for duplication of data.  This approach is rarely the right way to go about integrating data, because the problems of synchronization start out hard and get much much worse.

I would advise you to not copy data - a single source of truth is by far the best approach.  Consider what the client wants and figure out a way to get there without creating a bigger problem in terms of data integrity.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist