function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NazeerNazeer 

Salesforce Storage Issue

Hi,

We are facing storage issue since use of heavy attachments and more emails.
We know Case Detachifier Apps is best use in this case.

But it makes dependency with internal server.
How can we hanlde this issue.

Any suggestions highly appreciated

Thanks
Nazeer
mbbendermbbender
I've not tried it, or even looked into how to make it work, but amazon.com has a pretty good on-demand database model that is accessible with webservices that I've considered using in some salesforce apps as a better storage solution. You may want to look into it.
RickyGRickyG
Storing attachments in the amazon.com database and accessing them through a Web service might make some sense, but I'm not sure that using this as your database does.

The salesforce.com platform is data-driven, and you get loads of functionality with that architecture, such as relationships and workflow, to name just a couple.  If you were to store your core data outside of salesforce, you would have to either replicate all of that, which seems to be a bit like throwing the baby out with the bathwater.

Hope this helps.

- Rick Greenwald
Developer Evangelist
mbbendermbbender
Yep, I agree with that. I was only thinking of using it in an attachment heavy use case.
NazeerNazeer
Thanks for your points.

What you think about Case Detachifier. We are not trying to download all data from Salesforce database.
Only Attachments and emails.

At the same time we have to access those mails / attachments from Salesforce if required.

Thanks
Nazeer
EnzigmaEnzigma
We have come up with the award winning solution "FTP Attachments" which allows you to store all your attachments on your own Servers. Generally attachments are the ones which takes up lots of space, so idea is put them outside Salesforce but access it through the Salesforce just like Salesforce attachments.

Other than reducing the storage required on Salesforce, FTP Attachments has many features like saving files more than 2MB of size, Run reports on Attachments, better control on backups of your data, full Self Service Portal support, maintain versions of your attachments. Overall FTP Attachments is not just cost saving tool but it also a document manager.

- Team Enzigma
AJ@SqwarePegAJ@SqwarePeg

Sqware Peg Web Docs is an application developed by Sqware Peg which, once configured, is very similar in look and feel to Salesforce Notes and Attachments, but links to Amzon S3 (an on-demand storage capability) by Amazon.com.

There is a one off configuration and data migration cost, depending on data migration required, and ongoing storage costs are paid directly to Amazon S3. There is a link to the Amazon S3 pricing and a calculator at Amazon.com/s3, but as an example 100GB with average re-call will cost around USD 25 per month.

Regards

Adrian