function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmarkcmark 

Flex - random-ish error: Error: (mx.rpc::Fault)#0

I've started getting this error occasionally/randomly when using the flex toolkit (below).  Anybody know what might be causing it or how to fix it?  It seems somewhat arbitrary - I'll go to a screen and type a letter into the search box (async - so it sends a query) and i get the error.  Other times I go to the same screen and type the same letter and i get the results back as expected.

thanks for your time.
chris

Error: (mx.rpc::Fault)#0
  errorID = 0
  faultCode = "Server.Error.Request"
  faultDetail = "Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: https://na5.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0/463500D700000008CkG"
  faultString = "HTTP request error"
  message = "faultCode:Server.Error.Request faultString:'HTTP request error' faultDetail:'Error: [IOErrorEvent type="ioError" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Error #2032"]. URL: https://na5.salesforce.com/services/Soap/u/9.0/463500D700000008CkG'"
  name = "Error"
  rootCause = (flash.events::IOErrorEvent)#1
    bubbles = false
    cancelable = false
    currentTarget = (flash.net::URLLoader)#2
      bytesLoaded = 0
      bytesTotal = 0
      data = (null)
      dataFormat = "text"
    eventPhase = 2
    target = (flash.net::URLLoader)#2
    text = "Error #2032"
    type = "ioError"

DevAngelDevAngel
What is the context of the error? Not sure what kind of operation you are attempting.
cmarkcmark
Hello.  I've seen the error in a couple of different situations - but it's always while accessing salesforce.  the one spot where i've seen it repeatedly is when i'm trying to query some records.  As I mentioned, generally works fine, but I occasionally see that error. 

Note that it seems to be relatively new.  I never saw the issue in an app which i wrote/deployed roughly six months ago.  Then recently, I was working on a new/unrelated app - and I started seeing the error.  Then a client - the one for whom I wrote that app six months ago - emailed me to say that she started getting an error (same error text). 

Maybe I should start by grabbing the latest version of the toolkit - I see now that I'm using a dated version.  But is anyone else seeing this issue?

thanks
chris