function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WigManWigMan 

S-COntrol questions on email and window settings

Ok so this might be a rookie question, but I have a small s-control i wrote that pulls data on leads into a simple page that I want to do two things to.

1. Add a button that will pull up the content of the page and allow the user to forward as a email though outlook.

2. I want to be able to unhide or make visible on the window that lauched ("open in new window" setting on the button) the menubars and tool bars. Currently it opens in a new/pop-up window without any of these so the user can select fuctions from the toolbar like print.

Thx

JW
HardhatHardhat
Clever trick if you can do #1.  Probably not going to happen, unless you can think of something interesting to do with the print layout.

I'm pretty sure #2 is possible, I'm not sure exactly how though.
jpizzalajpizzala
#1: Is it necessary to send the email through Outlook specifically? If so, what functionality in Outlook will you be taking advantage of that makes this a necessity? Could you use a Salesforce email template instead and have Salesforce send it off to its destination?

#2: Although not necessarily a fix so much as it is a workaround - you can press ctrl + p to bring up the print dialogue. In IE ( v. 6 anyway ) you can also right-click on the page and select Print from the menu - again not directly fixing the missing toolbar issue, but you could work around it with these methods.