function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WesGrayWesGray 

Customizing the Self Service Portal

I've been trying to understand how much the self service portal can be customized, and it seems the answer is "not much".  I can see how to add columns to the Log and View tabs, but that is about it.  I don't see any way to add a custom tab, display a custom object, add a button, or add an sobject.  Am I missing something, or am I correct that the ability to customize the SS portal is very limited?

Thanks!

Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

The free self service portal offers very little that can be customized. And it's branded with a "powered by Salesforce" logo at the bottom of each page. But, on the plus side, it is free. I'm sure you're already aware of this, but I'll throw it out there just in case -- SF would love to sell you one of their subscription portals that are much more customizable.

Good luck.

WesGrayWesGray
Thanks for that info.  When  you say "subscription portal" what do you mean?  Is it possible to purchase the ability to modify the existing self-service portal functionality while still keeping it's benefits for us which are: 1) it's pretty close to what we want so we don't have to implement it ourselves, and 2) user's of the self service portal don't require full sf accounts.

Jeff TalbotJeff Talbot

I don't have personal experience using the "Customer Portal" as it's called by SF, but as far as I know, that product provides a lot of customization functionality that an administrator can implement in the UI similar to the way we can customize Salesforce CRM. I also believe that you can do much deeper customizations if you can code. Anyway, the graphic below may help. Good luck!

Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin
The "Powered by Salesforce.com" logo is easy to suppress by adding "display: none;" to the CSS for the Logo element when you customize your theme under the Fonts and Colors section
NIKALNIKAL
You can also open a ticket with SFDC support and ask themt o remove the logo. Basic support will gladly do this.