function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jbjbjbjb 

Flex RSLs and S-Controls

Has anyone used RSLs (runtime shared libraries) with a Flex S-control? If so, what is a good practice? How do we name the RSLs so they can be pulled in at runtime by the SControl's "java archive"? And where should those RSLs be stored or uploaded?
Thanks.
Ron HessRon Hess
i've never tried it, if you get it to work please post how.
the runtime libraries could be stored as static resources and run from a visualforce page, i think.
DidierPropheteDidierProphete
The best way to do this is to have an absolute url for your RSL libraries. This way you know exactly where the framework.swz and .swf files are going to be loaded from.

If you use a relative path in eclipse (the default option), then the framework file is downloaded from the same directory which served the jsp containing your flex code (say, if your page is /content/product.jsp, flex will try to download the framework files from /content/framework_.swz).

To setup an absolute path for your rsl files, just add 2 deployment paths in eclipse (in the project properties windows, select 'flex build path', then 'library path', then in the build path libraries panel, select 'flex3/framework.swc/RSL', click 'edit...' and then 'add...' Add 2 urls: one which points to your framework_.swz and the other to your framework_.swf

Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

-Didier