function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
akak 

Changing Contact Form that appears when creating new contact from Case form

I am working on a help line app for a non profit who take calls from people to give advice and guidance.

When a person calls we need to create a case and a contact record. We create new case and then lookup the contact using the contact name look up button. We then hit new to create a new contact in the pop up window that appears. However not all the fields we want to populate are in that pop up window. Is it possible to customise that pop up window so we can populate additional fields on the contact record at the same time?

Also is there a way to get the Organisationto to default to Individual as with our callers they never need to be associated with an organisation ?

Would also welcome any suggestions as to how others have managed this work flow.
werewolfwerewolf
It is unfortunately not presently possible to customize that Quick Create window.

As for the individual question, have you enabled Person Accounts for your organization?  If you have then you can just set your agents' default record type for Account to a Person Account record type, and that will do what you're looking for.
werewolfwerewolf
Oh, also:

Can you change your agent flow such that instead of creating the case first, they look up the contact first?  That way they can create the contact on the true contact page, and then make a new case from there by hitting the New button on the Cases related list.
thunksalotthunksalot

I have a related question.  When my users create New Contacts from the Contact lookup window in Cases, it automatically assigns the new Contact to an account called "Individual."  This Account doesn't seem to exist however.  I can't search for it.  I can't add someone to it myself by typing "Individual" into an Account Name field.  As best I can tell after reading the documentation about Person Accounts, we do not have Person Account functionality turned on.  Where is this "Individual" default account coming from?  Why can't I search for it?  Or, how can I find it so I can find all the people that have been associated with it up to now?

-Sam