function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Darla.ax69Darla.ax69 

Custom fields missing in describe

My setup uses some custom fields for both leads and accounts. Most were created by another user, but I created one for leads and one for accounts. When I use the describe call, not all of the custom fields are returned. Specifically, the field I created isn't being returned, but all the others are. Any ideas why this is happening or what I can do about it?

Thanks,

=> Darla
Darla.ax69Darla.ax69
I figured it out. I hadn't set those fields as visible. I didn't realize that would make them not show up for a describe call... Is that intentional? I could still query against them.

=> Darla
benjasikbenjasik
This is a bug in that if you marked the field as not visible, you should not be able to query it.

I will file a bug for this and will try to get it fixed ASAP.
HowardKatzHowardKatz
I am having this bug using API 7.0 trying to access a Professional Edition account via partner API (my app is certified - using an API token).  With the developer edition, if I make the custom activity field visible to the administrator, I don't need to show it on any layouts and I can access it. However, for professional edition users, there is not an option to limit visibility by profile.  As it turns out, the field only shows up on a describeSObject if it is displayed in layouts.
SuperfellSuperfell
correct, PE edition does not have FLS, and so the FLS is derived from the layouts in this case.