function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lindz-Lindz- 

Can you point me to the documentation for......

Hi can you point me the the relevent documentation for customizing the links which are executed when you click on an email address, name, phone number etc within the salesforce.com webpages. I wish to customize these actions to call our own web application for integration purposes, I would like to send a simple HTTP GET with the name, email, telephone number etc.

Thanks

Steve Lindsay

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Lindz,

Well, you can't customize any links in the application.  You can add links in the form of web links, but you can't modify the behavior of any of the links that are on ui fields.

Lindz-Lindz-

Can I add a new field which acts as a weblink or sforce control to a view?, such as creating my own email field for instance which acts as a weblink and removing the standard email field on a normal contact view?

(I have it working through weblinks I just would prefer that each element was a clickable element in the details rather than all listed through weblinks)

In addition with weblinks I'm forced to display output using a window either located externally or a frame inside your application, is there anyway at all to not show any output window (I'm running client side java script inside my scontrol and require no output in your GUI), or to at least make the frame totally non intrusive (at the moment I have something along the lines of 'processing' being displayed in a 80x20px size window).

Message Edited by Lindz- on 08-09-2004 01:32 PM