function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
darozdaroz 

Importing Historical Data...

I have a client who is evaluating Salesforce and is tasking me with the migration from his existing home-grown solution.

Luckily I have the data from the home-grown app pulled out and semi-standardized. My problem is now importing it into Salesforce and maintaining the accuracy of the historical data.

Simply put, as an example, each contact/account/oppourtunity record (they're the same thing) in his home-grown system has a series of timestamped notes.

I've looked through the results of the describe object for the notes table and it does not appear that I can set the create/modified date property to match the actual timestamp of the note.

While notes are truely problematic, expecially in the way he uses them to keep a cronological record, it gets worse with the actual account/contact/oppourtunity records.

The last modified and created timestamps are used currently (and will be used) to drive workflow in the system based on the 'age' of the oppourtunity (think: how stale is it) and the last activity in it certain events get fired off.

How can I get past this problem?

SweezySweezy
Hello,

Were you ever able to figure this one out?  I am importing an excel list of leads into Sales Force and I would like the "created date" to reflect our original "submit date".

Thank You
zakzak
There's a feature called write audit fields that you can get enabled (by logging a support case) that'll let you set the created date on most object object while you're creating new date.