function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kpichakpicha 

trouble with login soap message using vc++

I am trying to interface our vc++ based app server to sforce.

because I am in vc7, I don't have access to webservices through the typical interfaces of C#, VB.NET, java, etc. I have tried to use raw socket calls (i.e. connect,send, recv, etc. ) and also using higher level functions such as CInternetSession.

The latest C# samples from sforce show the login url to be

https://www.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/4.0 , so that's what I'm using

The C# example runs from my machine, so I know that the login ID and password that I'm using is valid

If I construct the headers and soap body with bogus login ID and password and send it off, I get a soap response back telling me that I've got the wrong ID .... so I think I'm getting to the right place

when I construct the headers and soap body with the correct login ID and password and send it off,  I get:

ns1:Server.NoService The AXIS engine could not find a target service to invoke! targetService is c/4.0

Since I'm no longer getting the invalid login message, I must be getting past that point, but something else is wrong

I must be constructing the headers or the soap body incorrectly!!!!

anybody got any ideas??

SuperfellSuperfell
You likely have a namespace wrong in the soap body, I'd compare the namespaces in your hand generated message against the one generated by c#. You may also want to look at one of the c++ based soap toolkits to make your life easier. Try gSoap
http://www.cs.fsu.edu/~engelen/soap.html
kpichakpicha

duhhhh ...... that's exactly what it was

in the PDF doc that you download from sforce, they have the urn listed as

xmlns:ns=\"urn:soap.sforce.com\"               ................. but in the C# sample, it is

xmlns:ns=\"urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com\"

it works now ... don't need a toolkit ... this is simple stuff when they give you the right information

SuperfellSuperfell
Can you remember where that is in the docs ? the sample login message on page 209 uses urn:enterprise.soap.sforce.com
kpichakpicha
I might be mistaken, after looking at the docs, I realized that I probably didn't get it from there .... I think I copied the code from some of the code examples ....