function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ddatbig2ddatbig2 

clone opportunity need to clone linked item in integrated site

Please suggest me a solution to clone an item linked to an opportunity when the opportunity is cloned in salesforce.

Basically I need to trigger a servirce in our server when an opportunity is cloned.

Thanks,

ddas

Danger MouseDanger Mouse
We are going to try to solve the same problem. We were going to try to add a custom field to the opportunity which would have the id of the object in our system. When the user enters our system we would use that id to get our local object which we store the Salesforce.com opportunity id. If those Salesforce.com id's don't match, we assume they have cloned and will clone our local object assigning it to the new Salesforce.com opportunity. Ideally, the custom field we create on the Salesfoce.com opportunity would be hidden from the user, but when the field isn't in the page layout, it doesn't seem to be cloned. Please tell me this is a bug that will be fixed, and not intentional. If it is by design, do you have any ideas on how to solve the original problem posted by ddas.
Thanks,
DM
jayommerjayommer
This sounds close to something we are trying to accomplish - I'd like to hear more on what you guys are doing.  We are trying to create a new Clone link on contact record that will clone the contact and any custom objects that are linked to the contact.