function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cmxintcmxint 

Relation between RecordType and Profile

Hi, guys!

I need to maintain subject somehow. But I didn't find any advices about how to do that in documentation. What I need to do is to check if specified user (profile) has permission to change recordtype of accounts from one value to another. Any advices and comments are appreciated .

benjasikbenjasik
This information will be available in 5.0 with the new DescribeLayout call. There is a RecordTypeMapping object that lists the available record types for a user.

Docs should be up later in the week.
blaufblauf
Hi,

I'm trying to do the following (which I think is related to this thread)...

I want to update the Account Record Type field based upon a text value matching an existing Account Record Type picklist value.

I see now that I must update the Account SObject with a RecordTypeID (and simply cannot update the Record Type field with a new Text value).

My question is - how do I get the picklist ID values for the Account Record Type and how can I ensure I get the correct ID for the text value I'm trying to locate the ID for?

All advise is really appreciated.

Thanks,
- B
benjasikbenjasik
Query the RecordType object. select id from RecordType where tableEnumOrId='Account' and name='foo'
blaufblauf
Benji,

Thanks for the help! I just stumbled on this late last night, but glad to know I'm on the right track!!

Brent