function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
pedzpedz 

Sample Create

I maybe should post this in the Python forum but I do not think anyone there is actually doing Python... plus, this is somewhat generic.

I'm trying to get Python using ZSI to work. I got past the login and I figured out how to tuck the session id into a soap header -- which required adding to ZSI. I can getServerTimestamp, describeGlobal, and describeSObjects.

With describeSObjects, I just pass an array of string and that works. The argument type is array of sObjects.

I'm now trying to use the create method. I may be doing the hardest task first because I'm trying to create a "Time_Record" -- a custom object that I have defined. I can not get it to work or even come close.

Two questions:

1) what would be an easy thing to create? It may help to create something that is easy to create first and then move on to trying to create a customer object. (I'm not trying to define the customer object, just create an instance of it.)

2) can someone paste what the out going soap message should look like? I am having a hard time understanding how an SObject magically becomes a Time_Record -- or any other specific type.

Thank you very much
Perry
SuperfellSuperfell
1) They are all pretty equally easy or hard, getting the names right is key, make sure you're using the WSDL or the describeSObject call to findout object & field names (or one of the tools that builds on top of these like appExchange Explorer, developers sidekick or soqlXplorer)

2) there are sample messages linked off the documents page see
http://www.salesforce.com/developer/docs.jsp#soap_msg_samples
pedzpedz
Got it!!! Weee hewwww!!!

Thanks so much.